As per the name suggests Your Phone process enables you to connect your mobile device to your computer or laptop. Once you have set up the YourPhone.exe, you will able to see all your phone notification on your laptop or computer. When YourPhone.exe set up is complete, you will notice the YouPhone.exe icon in the task manager. Most of us tend to think that YourPhone.exe is a virus and harmful to your PC. If you also think the same then consider reading this article carefully.
What Is YourPhone.exe Process?
YourPhone.exe is an application introduced by Microsoft with the aim of allowing synchronization of your Android or iOS phones with Windows computer. This process always keeps running in the background of the Windows computer or laptop. Here is the list of some of the tasks you can do with the help of Your Phone application.
- It helps you to explore the cross-device experience across your Smartphone and PC.
- If you’re connected with an Andriod phone then you will able to see your phones recent photos on your PC.
- Also, Andriod users will able to view and send text messages using their Windows PC.
- Able to answer phone calls directly from your PC.
- Play the control of the music.
- Android users will able to take benefit of screen mirroring.
Aside from these features Microsoft team strives to add new features to Your Phone application to make it a more engaging platform.
Is YourPhone.exe A Virus?
As we discussed earlier that Your Phone is an application program introduced by Microsoft. Microsoft is a well-known company, so YourPhone.exe is not a virus but a legit application program that proven helpful to access Android and iPhone straightly from your Windows PC.
Your Phone is completely a legit process. So you can enjoy the benefits of Your Phone without any worry. However, if you still felt that installed Your Phone process is affected by viruses then install any of the antivirus programs and check for viruses.
How To Disable YourPhone.exe?
If you want to take a break from YourPhone.exe, then it is best to disable it instead of uninstalling. You can easily disable Your Phone by following a couple of the steps, we have mentioned below.
- First, you should head to the Settings application. You can do this by pressing the Windows+I key simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Here you will able to see Privacy Options, after that you need to head to the Background Apps section.
- On the next screen, locate the Your Phone and turn off the toggle.
Once you have successfully followed up the above-given steps, you will notice that YourPhone.exe won’t appear in the task manager. In the future, if you change your mind and want to start using YourPhone.exe again, you need to follow the same steps we used to disable Your Phone.
Remove/Uninstall YourPhone.exe On Windows 10
However, some users feel satisfied even after disabling Your Phone. But others want to get rid of Your Phone completely. If you are also among them, then follow the below-given steps exactly as we have mentioned them.
- Press the Windows+R key simultaneously on your Keyboard to access Cortana’s search box.
- Type PowerShell in Cortana’s search box and hit enter.
- You need to run PowerShell in administrator mode. To do so right-click on PowerShell
- Once you have access to PowerShell, enter the following command in PowerShell and press enter.
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.YourPhone -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage
- Once the YourPhone.exe is successfully uninstalled, you might need to restart Windows.
I hope this section helps you to uninstall Your Phone in Windows 10. These steps are quite easy to follow. However, these steps need more effort in comparison to the normal application’s uninstallation process.
YourPhone.exe is a program introduced by Microsoft, so definitely it is not a virus. It is as much safe as many other Microsoft products are such as MS Word, MS Office, and many more. So you can use Your Phone application without worrying about security. This is one of the best features introduced by Microsoft in order to directly connect your computer with your phone.
Well, that’s the end of our today’s blog. I hope you have found our post worth reading, if yes then consider sharing this with your friends.