For a company or an individual, the data stored on our laptop and computer is one of the most important things. Many times these important data files get deleted either due to our fault or other various reasons. From the company’s point of view, a single data file can cause a loss of hundreds and millions of dollars. Whereas, for an individual, it can cause the loss of precious memories. In such cases, a very common question arises, Is it possible to recover deleted files? And if yes, then – How to Recover Deleted Files In Windows 10.
A user database is one of the most valuable things for any person or a company. This thing is well known to hackers as well, who never fail to take advantage. Virus and Ransomware are the most common reason why our data files get corrupted or deleted. In such scenarios, there are a few methods that may help you to get your data back. Let’sLet’s discuss them in more detail.
- 1 How To Recover Deleted Files In Windows 10?
- 2 Restoring Files Without Using a Third Party Software
- 3 Recover Deleted Files Using A Third-Party Software
- 4 Conclusion
How To Recover Deleted Files In Windows 10?
Last year Microsoft officially discontinued the Windows 7 operating system, which means it will not get any further updates. Corresponding to which people switched to Windows 10 to enjoy security and other updates from Microsoft.
Everyone has different reasons for losing their data files, but can we recover the deleted files? There are a few methods that may help you get your deleted files back in some cases, but they may not work for everyone. We have gathered some of the best and most effective methods to help you recover your deleted files. Read the article until the end to find the most suitable method for you and may help get your deleted files back.
Restoring Files Without Using a Third Party Software
A third party may be helpful to help you recover your deleted files easily, but it may not be 100% efficient. Additionally, such software is paid for. Firstly we will look at some methods wherein we can recover the deleted files without using any third-party software.
Method 1: Using Computer Backup
If you have already set up your computer for an auto backup, it becomes very easy to get the deleted files back. In such cases (if the auto backup is on) follow the steps below to get back your deleted files.
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to System and Maintenance/Backup and Restore (Windows 7)
- Click on restore files and wait for the computer to find/restore the deleted files themselves.
Method 2: Restore The Previous Version
In this method, one can recover the permanently deleted files which were inside a particular folder. Sometimes by mistake, we delete a file from a folder. In such a case, you can follow the method below to recover your deleted files
- Right-click on the folder wherein your file was located.
- Go to the Properties.
- Now click on the Previous Versions tab.
- Therein you will find the file/files you have deleted.
Note – This method only works if you have a Restore Point, or your File History is on.
Method 3: Using Command Prompt
Deleted files can be restored using the cmd window. This method helps a user to directly command the computer to search for the deleted files. One can easily follow the steps mentioned below.
- Click on the start menu.
- Search for cmd and run it as an administrator.
- Now type “chkdsk Y“, replace Y with your local disk alphabet.
- Next, type “ATTRIB -H -R -S /S /D Y:*.*”, again replace Y with the alphabet of your disk.
- Wait for the computer to do the process, later search for your deleted file.
Recover Deleted Files Using A Third-Party Software
There is much software available in the market that may help you to recover all your deleted files with the help of a single click. Neither of this software is totally effective nor do they do any magic. Instead, this software just does the manual process of finding files themselves, which can be beneficial if you are not familiar with the Windows command prompt. Below we have mentioned the top 3 software that may help you to restore your deleted files.
This is one of the trusted software brands for recovering deleted files on Windows platforms. Stellar is available as free and paid software. Features provided in the free software are very limited, so you are recommended to buy the paid software to experience all its features.
Let us see how to recover deleted files from Windows 10 using Stellar.
- Once the software is installed, run it.
- From the dashboard, you can select the type of file you want to recover.
- Now click on the Scan button to start scanning.
- After the scanning is completed, you will see multiple deleted files, select one of your choices, and restore it.
Note – There are various modes and filters to search for your lost file in Stellar. Go through different options in case your files are not recovered using the basic settings.
EaseUs is yet another one of the trusted companies that offer data recovery software. This software can be downloaded from the company’s official website. This software is available as free as well as paid. The user-friendly interface makes this software easy to use. Let us see how this software helps you to recover your deleted files.
- After installing, run the EaseUs software.
- Specify the location by selecting a drive or folder.
- Now click on the scan button to start the operation.
- Once the scanning is completed, you can see all the recovered files.
Data file recovering software from MiniTool, secure third position in our list. This software has several exciting features that make its user’s choice. MiniTool file recovery software is very easy to use. This software is available for free and paid. Let us see how this software works.
- Once you run MiniTool, on the main screen you need to specify the location of deleted files.
- After that, start the scan.
- Once the scan is completed, select and restore the file/files of your choice.
The data files are one of the most important and valuable things stored in a PC, and due to several factors, the data can get deleted. In such scenarios, there are a few methods using which we may get the data back. Above, we have mentioned a few methods on – How to Recover Deleted Files In Windows 10.
I suggest you try manual methods first, and if they don’t work, then go with paid data recovery software. This article is based on methods suggested by experts. If you have any further questions or queries regarding data recovery on Windows, feel free to ask me down in the comment section.