TP-Link is a manufacture of computer networking devices based in China. Most famously known for manufacturing WiFi routers. If you have recently bought a TP-Link WiFi router or are planning to buy it and are wondering how to do your TP-Link Router Setup, then you have reached the right place.
- 1 How To Set Up Your New TP-Link Router?
- 2 How To Change The TP-Link Username And Password
- 3 TP-Link WiFi Router Setup Using TP-Link Tether Application
- 4 Troubleshooting The Common Problems Faced While Configuring
- 5 Final Take
How To Set Up Your New TP-Link Router?
You can easily install your TP-Link router via the app. Still, you may get a bit caught up in the whole installation process. Here are setup steps in different ways.
1. Physically Setting Up The Router
Follow the below steps that will help you in this:
- A router comes with multiple ports. First of all look at a port that is different in color, most probably yellow. This port is the WAN and is used to connect to the internet. You will also get the same-colored ethernet cable as that of the port with the router. Connect one end of this cable to the WAN port.
- Connect another end of the ethernet cable in the wired modem.
- Unplug all other wires from the modem.
- Take another ethernet cable and connect one end of it with any of the LAN ports of the router. It does not really matter that with which port you connect. Just connect it to any one of the available ports.
- Similarly, connect another end of the port with your laptop or computer.
2. Logging In the TP-Link WiFi Router
- Once the router is physically connected with the computer, open a web browser.
- Type in the URL www.tplinkwifi.net or the IP address 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. It is the default IP address of the TP-Link router.
- Set up the router login password. Also, make sure that the password kept must be easy. Most of the TP-Link WiFi routers come with the default username and password both as admin.
- Click on Let’s Get Started.
- In the Quick Setup, follow the given instructions and keep on proceeding.
- It will also ask you to keep the name of your wireless network (SSID). And also the password of your WiFi. It certainly must be a trickier one for the security of your WiFi.
- Finally, you can finish the process. As a result, you can connect the Wireless Connection with the SSID using your password.
How To Change The TP-Link Username And Password
Below are the steps to change the TP-Link Username and Password:-
- Visit the website or the IP address 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1.
- Go to the Advanced Tab.
- Under Advanced Tab, you will find System Tools on the panel on the left-hand side, click on it.
- Furthermore, click on Administration under the System Tools.
- Now, you will find the Account Management section.
- Enter the old username and old password.
- Enter the new username and enter the new password twice (both case-sensitive).
- Click on the Save button for saving the changes made. Now, you will be able to login with the new username and password.
TP-Link WiFi Router Setup Using TP-Link Tether Application
If you want to set up your TP-Link WiFi Router using your smartphone or tablet then you can do it using the TP Link’s Tether application. Tether application is available for Android and iOS devices.
- Download TP Link’s Tether Application from Google’s Play Store or Apple Store using the following QR code.
- Go to Settings on your smartphone and furthermore go to WiFi settings.
- Enter the password to connect. Most of the TP-Link routers come with the default password as admin. But to sure check the default network name and password that is printed on the label. You can find this label on the backside or under the router.
- Once you enter the password, you will connect to the network.
- Once you connect to the network, open the Tether application which you had downloaded and installed previously.
- Under local devices, you will find your router. Click on the router icon.
- You may be asked to log in. The default username and password is admin and admin respectively. Or you may be asked to change the current password.
- Once you had logged in or changed the password Quick Setup will launch automatically.
- Choose the type of your Internet Connection and tap on Next. If you are not sure about the type of internet connection then you can check with your internet plan or contact your ISP.
- If you wish to change your username or password you can change it now and click on Next.
- Review the connection settings and tap on the Save button to save the changes you made.
- Wait for the application to complete the configuration.
- Now tap on Finish to complete the setup.
1. Using Tether Application To Get The Cloud Access To The Router
Follow the below steps that will help you in this:
- Open the application and tap on the login.
- Enter the TP-Link cloud credentials and tap on login.
- Tap on Bind to …..
- A “Success” pop-up or message will appear at the bottom of the screen. Once this process is complete, you will have cloud access to the router from your smartphone via the Tether application.
Troubleshooting The Common Problems Faced While Configuring
The most common problem faced while configuring the TP-Link router includes unable to connect to the network. If you are getting the message “To access tplinkwifi.net, your device must be connected to TP-Link Router’s network. Please check your network connection and try again”, then there might be numerous reasons for this problem.
If you are getting this message then, first of all, try to use a different browser or clear the cache. Since a browser might have cached this page and will show a repeated result if you try to access the Website.
If that also does not works then you might get the wrong DNS server. To overcome this try using the Router’s IP address http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1 to login instead of tplinkwifi.net.
Most of the TP Link’s router comes with the default credentials as admin and admin. But there is a chance that you might get a router that has different credentials, therefore, the foremost thing you need to do is to check the label situated at the back or at the bottom of the label for the credentials or other information.
We hope that you had configured your TP Link’s WiFi router and have connected it to the internet. We hope this article has helped you clear all your queries regarding connecting and logging in to your WiFi router.