Hulu is one of the most popular and convenient streaming platforms. In this application, all the TV content like shows, dramas, movies, etc. are available to you to access them whenever you want to. You can install the Hulu app in a wide range of different devices like laptops, computers, mobile phones, tablets, etc. for just a relatively low monthly fee. But, sometimes you can get error messages that prevent you from watching what you want to watch. It can be frustrating at times. One such error is the Hulu error 5003.
If you also fell prey to the Hulu error 5003, don’t worry we are here to fix it. In this article, we will tell you about the Hulu error 5003, its causes and different ways to fix it.
So, let’s get started…
- 1 What is The Hulu Error 5003?
- 2 How to Fix Hulu Error 5003?
- 2.1 1. Restart Your Device and Networking Equipment
- 2.2 2. Verify Whether Your Internet Connection Is Fast Enough To Stream Hulu Videos
- 2.3 3. Reinstall the Hulu app
- 2.4 4. Putting The DNS Address Manually
- 2.5 5. Update Your Device
- 2.6 6. Switch To A Wired Connection
- 2.7 7. Contact Hulu And Wait For Them To Fix It
- 2.8 Conclusion
What is The Hulu Error 5003?
Hulu error 5003 is one of the most general errors occurring in the Hulu app. It usually occurs when you are trying to stream content from the application. It is a playback error that freezes the application and asks you to check the internet connection.
Causes Of Hulu Error 5003
Hulu error 5003 occurs in the Hulu application for several different reasons. It can be caused when the application is unable to communicate with the Hulu servers. The error can also happen when the servers are unable to provide a video stream.
The Hulu error 5003 can also occur when there issues with your computer or software or home network. It can also occur when there is a problem on the Hulu site.
How to Fix Hulu Error 5003?
There are different methods to fix the Hulu error 5003. They are as follows.
- Restart your device and networking equipment.
- Verify whether your internet connection is fast enough to stream Hulu videos.
- Reinstall the Hulu app.
- Putting a DNS address manually.
- Update your device.
- Switch to a wired connection.
- Contact Hulu and wait for them to fix it.
1. Restart Your Device and Networking Equipment
Restarting your device will work most of the time when you are suffering from Hulu error 5003. Follow the following steps to restart your device.
Step 1: Fully shutdown or power off your device. Also, unplug your streaming device and networking equipment.
Step 2: For about a minute or so leave the device unplugged.
Step 3: Now, replug the networking equipment and turn on the device. Open the app and check if the error still exists.
2. Verify Whether Your Internet Connection Is Fast Enough To Stream Hulu Videos
Hulu error 5003 may appear when your device’s internet connection is fast enough to stream Hulu videos. For regular videos, Hulu requires 3.0 Mbps whereas, for live TV, it requires 8.0 Mbps speed. To check the internet connection follow the below guide.
- If you have a Wifi connection, make sure that your device is receiving a strong signal. Check it by connecting the Wifi to other devices such as smartphones, tablets, etc.
- Also, check if the other devices are using high internet bandwidth. Like if there are downloading or updating large data sizes.
- If the error persists, call your internet service provider and check if they might have a connection issue with Hulu.
3. Reinstall the Hulu app
sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling can fix the Hulu error 5003. So try uninstalling and reinstalling the application. Here are the steps.
Step 1: First, uninstall the Hulu application from the device which is having the error.
Step 2: Then, reinstall it from whichever platform you wanted to install it. Like Google Playstore etc…
Step 3: Open the app and stream a video. Check if the error persists.
4. Putting The DNS Address Manually
As said above, Hulu error 5003 can occur when the application in your device failed to connect with the Hulu servers. If that is the case, changing the DNS address can fix the error. Here we use the free and legit Google public DNS address. Here are the steps to follow in different devices.
On Apple TV:
Step 1: Go to settings and select Network. Now click on Ethernet or Wifi and then on Configure DNS.
Step 2: Set the DNS to manual. Then type in 008.008.008.008 or 008.008.004.004.
Step 3: Restart the Apple TV.
Step 1: Open settings page and then click on Network. Then click on View connection.
Step 2: Note the IP address, Gateway address, and Subnet mask.
Step 3: Now, again open the settings page and then on Network. Click on Internet Connection.
Step 4: Select Wifi or Lan, Whichever you are using. Now select Custom.
Step 5: For the IP address select Manual. Input IP, subnet, and gateway, that you have copied. For the MTU setting, select automatically.
Step 6: Now test your connection and then check if the error persists.
5. Update Your Device
If you are using a device with an older software version, then it may be the reason for the Hulu error 5003. Try updating your device and check if it fixed the error.
Step 1: Check for the updates if there are any.
Step 2: If any, Update your device and then check if the Hulu error 5003 still exists.
6. Switch To A Wired Connection
Sometimes, switching your device to a wired connection can solve the Hulu error 5003. So, try switching to your wired connection.
Step 1: Using an ethernet cable, connect your device to the router or modem.
Step 2: If the playback error is fixed, connect the device using ethernet cable while streaming the application or try to keep the device near the router or modem.
7. Contact Hulu And Wait For Them To Fix It
If the Hulu error 5003 persists even after trying all the methods mentioned above, they may be, the problem is on Hulu’s side.
Contact the support and wait till they fix the error or come up with a solution.
The methods which are mentioned in this article are the best ways we came up with to fix the Hulu error 5003.
If you have any doubts regarding these methods, please do feel free to drop them in the comments section below. I hope you have fixed the error.