Hello, Recently we have discovered that a lot of users have encountered a lot of issues related to Acrotray.exe. Some of the users claim that acrotray.exe is causing all the issues which they are facing, Some of them say that Acrotray.exe is a legitimate file there is a virus titled Acrotray.exe that has intruded into our system and now causing serious issues.
So there are so many different views about the Acrotray.exe. If you are also facing these issues you might be wondering is Acrotray.exe a virus. Therefore, here in this article, we have written all the important information about Acrotray.exe. We have also written methods to help you remove this Acrotray.exe virus from your PC.
- 1 What is the reality of Acrotray.exe?
- 2 How to Remove Acrotray.exe from Windows
- 2.1 Method 1: Delete acrotray.exe Manually
- 2.1.1 Step 1 Boot your computer in Safe Mode
- 2.1.2 Step 2 Remove acrotray.exe from Installed browsers
- 2.1.3 Step 3 End acrotray.exe and its associated processes from Task Manager
- 2.1.4 Step 4: Uninstall acrotray.exe from Windows using Control Panel
- 2.1.5 Step 5 Remove acrotray.exe from Windows Registry Editor
- 2.2 Method 2: Remove acrotray.exe Automatically with SpyHunter
- 2.1 Method 1: Delete acrotray.exe Manually
- 3 Conclusion
What is the reality of Acrotray.exe?
Acrotray.exe is just an executable file of Adobe Acrobat software. This file can be found in a subfolder of Adobe Acrobat folder in C:\……\……\ drive. It is legitimate files that can be found in the task manager as a running process. It does not consume a lot of power from your CPU. So if you are using it, you do not have to do anything. Just let it be.
There are some users who claim that it is a virus or malware that brakes into our PC and causes a lot of damages. Some of them also say that it drains the power of CPUs and GPUs that leads to a huge slowdown in the performance of your PC. These things can happen if users install some malicious files instead of legitimate acrotray.exe from some malicious sources. To make sure whether you have installed some dangerous virus or the legitimate executable, you just need to run an antivirus scan into your PC. If antivirus completes the virus scan and shows acrotray.exe. Then just scroll it down and remove it from your PC as soon as possible with the help of methods below.
How to Remove Acrotray.exe from Windows
So, here we are going to help you fix this issue of Acrotray.exe. We have prepared some most effective methods which can help you fix the issues of Acrotray.exe.
Method 1: Delete acrotray.exe Manually
Note:- If you have advanced computer skills and proper knowledge of registry entries and system files then using this method is the perfect option for you to eliminate this threat. If you do not have enough skills then it might be risky due to its complexity. A minor change in system settings or missing any step can create a huge issue, It can damage important files and make your computer unstable.
Following are the steps:
Step 1 Boot your computer in Safe Mode
- Firstly, Restart your PC to open the boot menu option.
- Now continuously press F8 until Windows Advanced Option appears on the display screen.
- Once the windows advanced option appears just select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using and press Enter key.
Step 2 Remove acrotray.exe from Installed browsers
- At first, open your browser and click at the top right side on the gear icon. Then select Tools and open Extension option.
- Now select acrotray.exe associated extension from the given list and click on the Trash icon to remove permanently from the browser.
Reset browser settings
- At first, open Chrome and click at the top right side on the gear icon. Then select Settings. Choose for Show Advanced Settings.
- Now just click on the Reset Settings button.
Step 3 End acrotray.exe and its associated processes from Task Manager
- Firstly, Press CTRL+ALT+DEL simultaneously on your keyboard ( Open Windows task manager ).
- Then select the processes tab to get a list of all running processes.
- Finally, Locate all the malicious processes and click on End Process.
Step 4: Uninstall acrotray.exe from Windows using Control Panel
- At first, go to the Start menu and search Control Panel.
- Now select program and Feature option in the Control panel.
- locate acrotray.exe in the given list and its related programs. Then click on the Uninstall.
- When you get confirmation Window, Click on Yes and restart your PC.
Step 5 Remove acrotray.exe from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R keys simultaneously to open Run.
- Then type Regedit in the search box and click OK.
- Now search registry entries created by acrotray.exe and delete it permanently.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options \msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\acrotray.exe HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options \ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options \msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’ HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\acrotray.exe
Method 2: Remove acrotray.exe Automatically with SpyHunter
The Spyhunter is one of the best and reliable antivirus you can use to fix issues related to this threat. The software like SpyHunter with advance mechanisms to detect and remove threats from Windows provides complete safety to your PC. The Spyhunter can detect acrotray.exe and all the other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
NOTE-: It is not compulsory to use Spyhunter you can also use any other antivirus but make sure it is genuine.
Follow all the steps below:
Step 1 At first Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run the application.
Step 2 Now, click on the “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in the picture below.
Step 3 After the scan It will display detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details.
Step 4 Now click on the “Fix Threats” button to remove all the viruses.
I hope this article was informative enough to help you fix all the issues related to the acrotray.exe. If the threat is still not removed from your PC and causing issues in your system, Then you might have done something wrong during the procedure. In case you tried to remove this threat by using “Method 1 Remove acrotray.exe manually”, Actually its quite lengthy and complex and to perform it requires advanced computer skills. In that case, we recommend you to use “Method 2: Remove acrotray.exe Automatically with Spyhunter”.
Now if you have any other queries and suggestions to make, Feel free to comment down below.