Intel introduces Intel Optane Memory in 2017 which is used for various core-series processors and which works to make computer more responsive. It keeps track of frequently used apps, pictures, and videos and helps you to access the data more quickly next time. Although Intel optane Memory Pinning was introduced to increase the responsiveness of the Windows system, many Windows users have encountered Intel Optane Memory Pinning error after Windows 1903 update. The following message appears when one encountered the error:
Intel Optane(tm) Memory Pinning Unable to load DLL 'iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT:0x80070071
What Causes The Intel Optane Memory Pinning Error?
The pop up which sows the message of Intel optane memory pinning error may appear due to a compatibility issue after a significant Windows update. When the Windows feature v1903 updated, the latest drivers also upgraded from earlier versions to the newer versions along with the Intel Optane Pinning Service Extension.
Due to this, some compatibility issues arrived and the error occurred. Generally, after installing a major update, Windows re-establishes all system devices along with their drivers, but there might be an instance when Windows shows some error and leave the device half-installed due to compatibility issue.
The Intel Optane memory Pinning Explorer Extension might lack the required drivers and thus failed to access and load “iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll”.
How To Fix Intel Optane Memory Pinning Error?
We are here with the 3 fixes for Intel Optane memory pinning error. Try these fixes properly and you’ll be able to access your computer without getting irritated with this error.
Method 1: Repair The Intel Optane Explorer Extension
You can resolve the error by repairing the Intel Optane Explorer Extension. Follow the steps mentioned below to repair it-
- Press Windows key and R to open the Run dialog box
- Type appwiz.cpl and press Enter
- Open Programs and Features
- Search for Intel Optane Explorer Extensions from the list and select it
- Right-click on it and then choose Repair
- Restart your pc when the process is completed
Method 2: Uninstall The Driver
Uninstall the related driver which may become faulty during the Windows Update. To do this, follow these steps-
- Press Windows key and R simultaneously to open the Run dialog box
- Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open Device Manager
- Navigate to the Software component and expand it by double-clicking on it
- Right-click on Intel Pinning Shell Extensions from the list and click on Uninstall device
- Make sure the dialog “Delete the driver software for this device” is checked. Now click Uninstall
- Once the process is completed, restart your computer
Method 3: Uninstall The Intel Optane Explorer Extension
If the above methods didn’t work and the error still exists, then uninstall the Intel Optane Pinning Explorer Extensions. For doing this, follow the steps mentioned below-
- Press Windows Key and R simultaneously to open the run dialog box
- Type appwiz.cpl in the dialog box and press Enter
- From the list find “Software Components” after that search for Intel optane Pinning Extension
- Right-click on it and select Uninstall
- If confirmation popup appears, give consent
- The system may ask to restart your computer, instead of doing so, go to the Programs and Features window and search for any software associated with Intel optane. If you find any software remove it and then restart your computer.
- After that, go to the manufacturer’s website and download the latest version of Intel Optane Explorer Extension
In the above guide, we have provided various methods properly to resolve the Intel Optane Memory Pinning error. We hope, we helped you in fixing the error and you are now using your PC without getting irritated with this error. For any queries, comment below.
Have a great day!