Have you ever wondered why you can’t access or open a particular website? You might have tried loading it on your phone and then it worked, maybe not or maybe both. Well, this not a new issue or an uncommon phenomenon. But most importantly, it is not an error as well. And there are tons of reason when some sites do not open on your browser.
So, Today we are going to discuss those reasons, understand why this happens and then we will find you a cure.
Why you can’t load some Websites on your Windows 10?
Today, there are millions and millions of websites with tons of knowledge at your disposal on the world wide web. And, since you have a working internet connection provided by a valid service provider, you should be able to access all of them. But you can’t. Do you know why?
Well, the common guess would be that it is blocked by either the service provider or your firewall. Which is totally true, but that’s not the only case. There are 100s of reasons to explain why some websites are not loading, and here are a few-
- The Website you are trying to open is not accessible anymore. It could be down, could be under maintenance or maybe hacked, etc.
- The Website you are trying to open is not available to that address anymore. It could definitely happen in case the website is migrated to another address obviously.
- Your service provider, Windows firewall or antivirus has found the website insecure and ultimately blocked it.
- It can also happen if your browser has a site-blocking extension installed. Or maybe it is trying to load the website through its internal cache.
- Your Windows is preventing the website from loading on any of your browsers.
- The internet connection is either too slow or having some issues.
How to Fix this problem?
There is no denying that there wouldn’t be more reasons for this problem but, the solution is what matters the most. So, below are the 5-different methods that can help you solve this problem instantly.
1. Change The DNS Server
Data Name System or the DNS server is something used to find and guide any website to the Internet user. As the first step, let us start with changing your internet service provider’s DNS server to Google’s public one. This method will work in case your provider has blocked that particular website.
- Start by opening the Control Panel > Network Sharing Centre.
- Under “View your active networks” click on the Internet Connections Name.
- Now click on Properties and search for Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPV4). Double click on it to open.
- Select “Use the following DNS server address” and type in Prefered DNS Server- 188.8.131.52 and Alt. DNS Server – 184.108.40.206.
- Click OK and then close the control panel. Now try to visit the same website again.
2. Clear DNS Cache
If the first try was in vain, then it obviously means that it is not blocked just inaccessible. So let’s try clearing DNS Server’s cache.
The DNS cache stores data of any visited website. And, if somehow that data gets corrupted, you won’t be able to access that Website. This method will definitely work if you have recently visited that particular website only if it is still on the web.
To clear DNS cache all you have to do is –
- Open Command Prompt as admin. You can do so by pressing Windows + X.
- Now type or copy/paste- ipconfig/flushdns and hit Enter. This will clear all DNS cache data from your system.
3. Check Windows Hosts file
There is still a good chance that the particular website you are trying to access is blocked by your Windows. And you can actually check that if you are using an admin account on your PC. But before that, let’s follow a few more steps-
- Press Windows + R to open Run. In Run, type %temp% and press Enter.
- Now press Ctrl + A to select all and then delete it.
- Then open your browser and reset it to default setting after clearing all data including cache, history, and cookies.
- And, now to check the host file, open My Computer or This PC and go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.
- Double click on the hosts file to open it and check for any block URLs.
4. Run Antivirus Scan
Like it or not, but if none of those godly steps worked out for you, then maybe its time to do the obvious. There is a good chance that all of this is caused by any virus or antivirus. What I mean by that is that maybe your browser is infected by some virus so your antivirus is blocking the access, or maybe it is the website which is insecure. Either way, antivirus is doing it a job. So, how about we perform a full system scan and solve this issue.
To scan using windows defender-
- Open Start menu and type Windows Defender in the search menu. Click on Windows Defender to open it.
- Now, under Scan options, select Full and click on Scan.
5. Disable Antivirus
So, if those websites are not blocked, inactive, infected or inaccessible then your antivirus is making sure that you can’t access those websites due to security reasons. At this point, you can either let it be or disable your antivirus. If you are not using external antivirus, then disabling your Firewall will do it.
To disable your Windows Firewall,
- Open Start and type Windows Firewall in the Search menu to open it.
- On the left side, click on “Turn Windows Firewall On or Off“.
- Now select Turn Off Windows Firewall in both Private/Public Network Setting.
- Then Click on OK, to exit. This should solve your problem.
To be honest, it is not new to see any particular Website blocked, but as I mentioned there are several different reasons. Whatever the reason, as long as the website in on the Internet, you can access it. The above ways are few effective methods you can try on your level to access those Websites. Otherwise please find an alternative to be on the safe side.
With that said, it pretty much concludes my article. I hope these methods prove useful to you.
Thank you for reading my article, see you next time.