So you’ve finally got your hands on that sleek Razer DeathAdder mouse. Unfortunately, you’re having trouble opening Razer Synapse to configure your DPI settings and assign key bindings. A lot of users have been experiencing trouble trying to launch Synapse. Either it immediately crashes upon starting or fails to launch to at all. If you are also facing Razer synapse not opening issue, this guide is for you. We’ll go through several simple and quick fixes that’ll help you get Razer Synapse back up and running.
How To Fix Razer Synapse Not Opening?
Razer Synapse is one of the best configuration tools for users with Razer hardware. It allows you to access advanced options such as granular control when rebinding keys, setting macros, and personalizing your hardware with custom lighting. The reason Synapse fails to start can vary anywhere from the lack of administrator rights, faulty installation files to your firewall blocking the application.
Below we’ve listed all the common fixes that have helped users like you open Razer Synapse when unable to do so. Make sure to go through all of them till you find a solution that works for you.
Fix 1: Run Razer Synapse As An Administrator
In order to do this, you’ll obviously need to be an administrator on your computer. Certain programs that make changes to the system hardware and access Windows files require an administrator’s rights to run. Razer Synapse being one of them, can sometimes fail to launch without admin rights(especially your first time opening the application). The fix to this is rather simple; all you have to do is right-click the application icon on your desktop(or wherever you launch it from) and select “Run as administrator”.
You’ll probably get a pop-up message from Windows asking “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device”. Just hit Yes and you’re good to go.
Fix 2: Ensure Razer Synapse Is Not Blocked By Your Firewall
Windows Firewall by default blocks third-party software, extensions, games, etc., unless you give it permission to pass through. Even though we know that Razer Synapse is from a safe source, Windows may not due to security precautions. To allow Razer Synapse through your Firewall, follow the steps below:
- From your start menu search for “Windows Defender Firewall”. Select it to launch the application.
- Next, click on “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall”.
- You’ll notice check boxes next to the apps are greyed out. To enable them, select “Change Settings”. Lastly, find Razer Synapse from this list and click OK.
Now try launching Razer Synapse. If the firewall settings solved the issue, it should be running smoothly. After this, you shall never face the If you are also facing Razer synapse not opening issue again!
Fix 3: Perform Clean Reinstallation
It is highly recommended that you perform a clean installation of Razer Synapse as it will fix any instances of faulty or corrupt installation files. Although Razer Synapse supports cloud file saving for user profiles, we recommend you back up your profile to a location on your PC just in case. After that is done, you can go ahead and uninstall Razer Synapse by following the steps below:
- Make sure all Synapse programs are closed by right-clicking on the Razer Synapse icon in the system tray and selecting “Exit All Apps”.
- Search for apps & features from your start menu and click to open it. In the search bar, look up Razer. Select and uninstall Razer Synapse.
- When the uninstaller opens select “Uninstall ” under Remove Razer Software.
- Now select all of the Razer Applications including Razer Synapse, Chroma Visualizer, Connect, etc., and select uninstall.
- You will be asked to confirm your selection once again, select “Yes, Remove”.
Once the installation is done, close the uninstaller. Re-download and install the latest version of Razer Synapse from this webpage.
Fix 4: Using Razer Log Collector And Asking The Experts
If you’re still stuck and have no idea why your Razer Synapse is not opening, it’s probably time to ask for an expert’s opinion. That being said, there’s no better person to ask than the Razer Support team themselves. However, the team can’t do much unless they’re really able to visualize what’s causing Synapse to crash or preventing it from launching.
This is where the Razer Log Collector comes into play. Synapse logs provide useful information when troubleshooting any errors, launch failures, and bugs you may experience with Synapse. To use the log collector, just follow the simple steps below:
- Download Razer Log Collector from the link provided.
- Using any zip file manager such as Winrar or 7-Zip, unzip the file to a location of your choice(preferably your Desktop).
- Next, run the “Razer Log Collector” .exe file.
- Click “Save To..”, select your target location and choose a suitable file name(i.e. “SynapseLogs”).
- This will save a zip file in the target location.
- Next, send this zip file to Razer’s Support Team, alongside an explanation detailing that you can’t open Razer Synapse. You can contact Razer Support by clicking here and then selecting “Submit Case”.
Razer’s team may take a few days to find the root cause as to why Razer Synapse isn’t opening on your computer. However, they will get back to you and will most likely provide you with an expert solution to fix this issue.
Razer Synapse provides one of the best interfaces and configuration tools to change the settings on your Razer Hardware. We hope this guide helped you get the Synapse application back up and running. If you have any questions or concerns, please leave them in the comments below. We’ll gladly assist you!