Several users across the world facing the Nvidia GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003, and because of that, they are unable to play their favorite games. If you’re also facing the same then you might know how frustrating it is to see the same error code over and over. In this post, you will know about some solutions that you can use to fix the Nvidia GeForce error code.
More than 80% of personal computers around the globe uses Nvidia graphics cards to improve their gaming experience. Each of these computers also has a companion application called GeForce Experience that works to keep GPU drivers up to date.
GeForce Experience is designed in such a way to automatically optimize game settings to ensure users get the best gaming experience. Also using this application you can do some other cool stuff such as live streams, and game recording.
What Causes GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003?
Undoubtedly GeForce Experience is very useful to optimize the game settings but still, it occasionally comes up with some hiccups. One of the most commonly seen error code is the GeForce Experience error code 0x0003, that crashes the applications. Once you have encountered the error code, it will keep popping up every time you try to launch the GeForce Experience application. As a result of this error code, many of the users are greeted with a message something like this “Something went wrong. Try rebooting your PC and then launch GeForce Experience. Error code 0x003.
We have investigated the issue and come up with some possible culprits that cause the Nvidia GeForce error code.
- Nvidia services are not working:- Just like other applications GeForce Experience also has some services that needed to remain active even when the application is not in use. Some time due to any reason if any of its services stopped working then you will potentially encounter the errors.
- Outdated/Corrupted Nvidia drivers:- In some cases, the error appears if one or more drivers used by the GeForce Experience application are corrupted or outdated. In such instances, you need to reinstall or update the drivers.
- The issue with network adapter:- Many users also reported that this error code can also occur if some issue persists with your network adapter. If the network adapter is causing the issue then try to reset the network adapters, this might solve the issue.
- Compatibility issue with GPU driver:- Many of the users stated that this error code started popping up after the recent update of Windows. If the same applies to you then you should consider installing the latest version of the Nvidia graphics card.
How To Fix Nvidia GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003?
Now as you’re aware of the possible culprit of Nvidia GeForce error code, it is a perfect time to discuss the possible solutions. So without revolving the topic further, shall we come straight to the solutions.
1. Restart Nvidia Services:-
As I have said earlier that sometimes due to any reason one or more Nvidia services being disabled. Each service is essential to ensure the smooth performance of the GeForce Experience application. In such instances, you might need to force restart Nvidia services manually. This can be done simply by following the steps we have stated below.
- Invoke the search box by pressing Windows+R simultaneously. In the search box enter services.msc and click on Ok.
- Now search for Nvidia services, right-click on each service, and choose the Restart option.
- Most of the time this method helps to invoke the Nvidia services, but if still services are not restarted then you need to right-click on each of the services and then choose the Start option.
2. Reset Network Adapter:-
This is another prominent method to fix GeForce Experience error code 0x0003 on Windows. Many affected users claim that this method helps them to fix this error code. So let’s begin talking about steps involved in resetting network adapters.
- First, you should launch the Command Prompt in administrator mode.
- On the next window, CMD might ask to grant admin privilege, you need to click on Yes to grant privileges.
- Now consider entering the subsequent command in CMD.
netsh winsock reset
- At the successful execution of the command, you might need to restart your computer.
3. Do A Fresh Restart Of Nvidia Components:-
With the continuous use of Nvidia graphics or due to any other potential reason Nvidia components got corrupted and lead to the Nvidia error codes. So it best practices starting from fresh by reinstalling the Nvidia graphic cards.
The following steps will make you aware of how this can be done.
- Head to the Windows Settings. You can either do this using the Start menu or by pressing Windows+I simultaneously on your computer.
- Under the Settings, you will able to see the APP option, click on it.
- On the next pop up window, you will able to see a list of the application installed on your computer.
- Here you should search for the Nvidia Corporation, after that right-click on it and choose Uninstall.
- Do the same with other applications published by Nvidia Corporation.
- Once you have successfully uninstalled all the Nvidia applications, you need to restart your computer.
- After restarting your computer, head to the official website of Nvidia corporation and redownload the GeForce Experience on your computer.
Simply follow the on-screen instructions to successfully install Nvidia GeForce Experience. Most of the time by following the above-given solutions, users able to fix the issue but if still issue persist on your computer then you should follow the one last step given below.
4. Update Nvidia Graphics Drivers:-
Maybe the version of the graphics card installed on your computer is not compatible with the version of Windows you’re using on your computer. So you should consider updating the Nvidia graphics card to ensure that driver remains compatible with the Windows. If you’re a non-techie guy then you might not be aware of the steps included graphic drivers updated. Fret not just follow the steps written below to update Nvidia’s graphic cards.
- Head to the device manager on your Windows computer.
- On the Device Manager window, you will able to see Display Adapters click on it.
- Hover your mouse over the Nvidia graphics card, right-click on it choose Update Driver.
If this felt difficult then you can choose any third software that will automatically update the drivers. The choice is yours that which one you like to prefer. If you have no idea which one to choose then consider checking out our blog Best Driver Update For Windows 10. I hope after going through this method you’re able to fix the Nvidia GeForce Experience error code 0x0003.
And with that, we have come to the end of our today’s informative post about how to fix Nvidia GeForce Experience error code 0x0003. I hope this post helps you enough to fix this error code. This is the most commonly seen error code and several users going through this error code.
Also, consider letting us know which method helps you to fix this error code. If even after going through our post if any of the questions remain unanswered or got some query then don’t be shy to share with us. We will try our best to address your concerns as early as possible.