Aswidsagenta.exe is a security solution that is only available for non-commercial use. It is a component of the Avast behavior shield, a real-time process monitor. It can be removed very easily by following some methods.
Avast provides an antivirus program that is anti-malware, home security scanner, anti-spyware, and also covers all other cybersecurity aspects. This software application is currently available for Microsoft Windows, Mac os, and Android platforms.
Avast is a Czech based cybersecurity company that is currently dominating the cybersecurity market with its 400 million users base. It is very popular among its private consumers and corporates.
What Is Aswidsagenta.exe?
The full form for ASwIdSAgentA is Avast Software Identity Protection Service Agent A. It is a software component or a behavior shield from avast antivirus if it is genuine. The .exe in this file refers to its state being executable. In case you are deciding to remove this file permanently you need to do research because you might be needing this file in some tasks in windows operations.
How To Remove Aswidsagenta.exe?
Since the process is mostly a part of the Avast antivirus software, deleting it isn’t essential unless you have a legitimate cause to suspect it might be raising your issues. Here are some steps that will help you in repairing Aswidsagenta.exe. Let’s go:-
1. First Track And Then Remove Aswidsagenta.exe
The first step that you can try is to track and remove AswidsagentA from The Computer’s Processes From The Task Manager
Run the Task Manager by holding a key combination CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
Review the suspicious processes and copy its file location on the system.
Stop the processes now.
Open the “Run” search bar and paste the location to run in file explorer.
Remove the file permanently.
2. Removing Aswidsagenta.exe From Browsers
This is a totally manual removal process. If you’re unable to do it, you can also do the same with the help of most modern antivirus solutions. You can directly skip according to your browsers.
- For Chrome Users: Open Chrome, go to the menu, click “Tools”, then “extension”. Locate the process, then click the trash icon next to it.
- Firefox users: Launch Firefox, open “Add-ons”, locate the unwanted process and delete it by clicking the “Disable” or “Remove” button.
- Microsoft Edge users: Open up the homepage, then press “Settings”, under “Open with” choose “A specific page or pages”, choose “Custom” and enter your desired homepage.
3. Stop Undesirable Pop-Ups From Aswidsagenta.exe On Different Web Browsers
Follow the given steps to block unwanted pop-ups from Avast. You can perform according to your web browsers.
1. Google Chrome: Press Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings → Content Settings, below Privacy, section → enable, Do not permit any site to show pop-ups option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox: Click on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups menu.
3. Internet Explorer: Press Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker below Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge: Click More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Precautions To Take To Avoid Future Attacks
To protect your system from other infectious attacks from viruses and malware in the future, following these precautions will help you a lot.
- Always select Custom Installation no matter which software you are going to install.
- Uncheck hidden options that try to install additional programs you never require.
- Scan all downloaded attachments of email before you run them.
- Never open any attachments of unknown emails.
- Stop visiting adult/porn websites.
- No need to update any app from nonofficial websites.
This article was information about aswidsagenta.exe. The steps mentioned in this article are more than enough to remove this system infection.
If you feel any difficulty in implementing these steps please let us know in the comments section, We will help you for sure.
Thanks for reading!