ARRIS is one of the popular routers manufacturers in the industry. It got more fame and popularity since its tie-up with the internet service provider Xfinity. Now ARRIS router is part of almost all internet bundles offered by Xfinity. If you’re also using an ARRIS router, then consider yourself lucky. In this post, we will share ARRIS router login steps along with how to find the default credentials of the ARRIS router.
The configuration of the ARRIS router can be done by following some simple steps. Also, anyone with limited knowledge of routers can easily follow these steps. So without taking further why can’t we begin talking about the steps involved in ARRIS router login.
ARRIS Router Login
When installing a new ARRIS router for your home or office for the first time. One of the important steps you need to take in order to in order to ensure the maximum performance of the router and security is logging into the router and update the default settings. To do so, you can go through the steps we have mentioned below.
- Connect your ARRIS router with your computer. This can be done in two ways, either using the ethernet cable or using the Wi-Fi connection. It’s up to you which one you prefer.
- Once you have connected with your router, you should launch the browser on your device. Enter the IP address of your router in the browser’s search box. The default IP address of the ARRIS router is 192.168.1.1.
- This IP address will prompt you to a web page, where you need to feed the username and password of the router.
- Once you have successfully logged into the admin panel of your ARRIS router. You will able to make changes to the settings of your router.
ARRIS Router Default Username And Password
You can find the default credentials of your router by checking the user guide of the router. Or you can check the stickers labeled on your router.
However, if both these methods fail to help you, then fret not, you can go through the list of default usernames and passwords of the ARRIS router, which we have mentioned below. Here we have also mentioned the default IP address of the ARRIS router.
How To Change Password Of ARRIS Router?
It is highly suggested to change the default password of the ARRIS router before you begin using your router. Every router available in the market comes with the default credentials which you can find by checking the stickers placed on the router.
Always consider changing the default username and password of the router to ensure maximum security. We suggest you use strong passwords.
Let’s take the help of the steps mentioned below, in order to change the default password of the ARRIS router.
- First, you should follow the login steps, we discussed above.
- Once you have managed to access the ARRIS router login page, head to the login settings available under the basic settings.
- Here you will able to see the Change Password section, where you need to feed your new password along with the old passwords.
- Once you have entered the desired information, click on Apply to save your new password.
How To Reset ARRIS Router?
If your router is not working or accidentally you have forgotten the password of your router, then it is best practice to reset your router. Resetting your router will clear all your personalized settings and make you able to access the ARRIS router login webpage using the default credentials of the ARRIS router.
Every router comes with a reset button located at the rear side of the router. However, if you face though while locating the reset button, then consider going through the below-given steps.
- Locate the reset button on your router. If you are unable to do so, then check the user manual of your router or you can take help from the following picture.
- Once you have got to know about the reset button, you need to press and hold it for 10-15 seconds. You can use a paperclip or any other sharpen object to press the reset button.
- Keep some patience, until your router completes the reset process.
This is the simplest method you can use to reset the ARRIS router. After the reset, you need to follow the ARRIS Router login steps to log into your router.
In this post, we have concluded every single detail you need to know to become the master of your ARRIS router. After going through this post, you will able to manage your ARRIS router login and additional problems we usually face with the ARRIS router. We hope our today’s post helps you enough, if you think so then consider sharing this post with your friends.
Well, that’s the endpoint of our today’s informative post. Do share your feedback using the comment section.